Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday Snow and Super Bowl

So, today turned out to be exactly as I expected. It wasn't snowing very hard this morning when I left for work; but, it didn't wait long after I got there to start coming down with a vengeance. The roads and highways were passable until I got closer to work and then I had a couple of fish tails; but, luckily I've got experience driving in snow and I was able to handle it without concern and there wasn't any traffic to be concerned about. The snow was pretty relentless throughout the day though and there had to be at least an inch or two of accumulation by the time I was finally off work.

The drive home wasn't horrible, which was surprising; but, I guess because it's Sunday and a lot of people are off work or at home with preparations for parties for the Super Bowl tonight, that there wasn't a lot of traffic to contend with. Still had to weave around a few people who were driving probably 30-40 mph on the highway. I understand the desire to be cautious; but, at the same time if there's visibility and the road conditions appear fine, try to at least drive the minimum legal speed limit.

Anyway, Minnie still hates the snow. Made me think about my old Aussie that I used to own before she passed away. Girl used to love fresh snow and would pounce on it and wouldn't come in until we made her and then we'd have to take the time to make sure we dried her paws off because they would literally be covered in ice. Minnie, on the other hand, she hates so much as stepping foot in snow and will throw a fit when I make her do so. Which makes it really nice when it's really, really cold out and she's in and out in under five minutes.

Anyway, for those of you watching the Super Bowl tonight, feel free to leave a comment with who you think is going to win and after the game is over, what you thought of the half-time show or your favorite commercials, which let's be honest, is the best part of the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post of the Month

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a fitting ending.

Today's weather forecast was....cold. The weather outside was cold. I wish I could have avoided going out into it completely; but, I hav...