Sunday, February 18, 2018

It's been a few days...

And I know I haven't made any new blog entries...

There's a perfectly valid reason for that. I only have one laptop and it's screen is broken so I can't fold it closed. This makes it impossible to travel with it and so I'm forced to leave it here. So that made it to where I was unable to make any new blog entries for the past three days.

Thursday started well with me getting up around 4:15 and on the road around 5:30 AM or so. Then, I managed to make it down to Ohio by about 9:30 or so. I went straight for my grandparents, visited with them till about 10:30ish and then I went ahead to my dad's work to have lunch with him and see some of his buddies at work, who ask about me all the time from the time I worked there as a seasonal laborer. Then it was back to my grandparents for dinner and finally went to see Black Panther with my best friend.

Black Panther was a good movie, don't get me wrong! There was just something about it that felt like it was missing and the movie seemed or felt incomplete. It started off slow and then sort of just meandered along until the ending. I managed to get through it and I can finally look forward to Avengers: Infinity War.

Then Friday I went to do my taxes with a family friend, found out I have a decent refund coming this year which will be extremely beneficial and I can pay a few things down. Then I went to have lunch with my grandparents and stayed the night at my dad's. It was a lot of fun, we watched a few movies, had fajitas for dinner and my step-mother made me these pickle treats where she takes pickles, cut them into slices and then wrap them in cream cheese and slices of ham. My brother and his wife, who's pregnant with my niece, stopped by and hung out with us and watched Wonder, a great movie by the way that everyone should watch!

Saturday saw me back at my mom's and we went to see Black Panther while she went to see Fifty Shades Freed and then we went to dinner at a Mexican place. Since I was paying for my own dinner and I wasn't driving, I had a lime margarita. Turns out I haven't drank enough in awhile and that one drink hit me harder than the others I usually drink. I spent the rest of dinner drinking water. Then we went home, I passed out and woke up today.

My mom made me French toast and then the drive up was uneventful. Which brings me to now! I ran some errands to put some gas in my truck and then picked up groceries. Now I'm just relaxing and spending time with Minnie on the couch trying to get caught up on episodes of Heartland so I can finish the final season.

I'll also try to do better about keeping up on the blog entries.

2 comments:

  1. April and I have already decided that we're allowed some days not to blog, so no worries!

    Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post of the Month

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a fitting ending.

Today's weather forecast was....cold. The weather outside was cold. I wish I could have avoided going out into it completely; but, I hav...