Friday, February 9, 2018

Snowstorm Mateo!

Just when I thought we were getting ready to be done with snow, we get a frigging snowstorm! This snowstorm, named Mateo, seems to be hammering my state among many other northeastern states with snow, cold and ice. I can personally attest from the way the snow was falling today, powdery and light but consistent, that the snow plows couldn't keep up. It was kind of ironic. I got to the movie theater to see my movie today and it was empty. I think they were hoping it would stay that way; but, I told 'em, 'I got 4WD and a little snow wasn't going to stop me'.

The movie I saw today was: Den of Thieves starring Gerard Butler and 50 Cent.

The movie focuses in Big Nick, the leader of the Regulators, an elite unit out of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department under the department of Major Crimes. They're the unit that's tasked with bringing in the major criminals (bank heists, robberies, etc). On the other side, the antagonists is 50 Cent and crew, the Outlaws, a group of ex-military who put their skills to use to rob banks and get away with crimes.

The movie seemed to focus on Nick primarily with hints at Merrimen and 50 Cent (who has a family that serves no purpose other than to make him seem human, I guess?). Nick is married; but, you couldn't tell from his heavy drinking, strip club and stripper lifestyle. It just felt weird for them to throw in families into this movie, like the plot wasn't completely there. Everything else clicked; but, the families just confused me and were never present for more than a few minutes. They hint at the military background of Merrimen, the leader of the Outlaws; but, they never talk about what caused him to become a criminal. None of the men seemed to be living a poor lifestyle, many of them living in multiple bedroom houses, driving nice SUVs and one of them even lived on one of the hills with a pool.

Overall, I'd say it was an alright movie if for nothing more than Gerard Butler being a badass.

Oh, in other major news, my brother and his wife are doing the gender reveal of my future niece or nephew and I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post of the Month

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a fitting ending.

Today's weather forecast was....cold. The weather outside was cold. I wish I could have avoided going out into it completely; but, I hav...