Wednesday, February 21, 2018

No transfer....yet.

Got to work today after my six day weekend and discovered that none of the transfer requests went through and those that I did put in for, my name had dropped to fourth or lower on the list which means my chances of being able to get out of this state are small to slim to none, depending on how many of the people above me put in for other places and were accepted there. Today was alright at work, not too busy, not too slow so that the time passed by quick enough; but, I still managed to have time to breathe and think.

Last night brought about a shitty discovery.

My A.C. unit in my bedroom doesn't work. You know what the first words out of one of the leasing office employees were when I mentioned the work order? You should wait till the weather warms up more. My response: "It was 60 degrees and raining so I couldn't leave my window open; but, it felt closer to 70-80 degrees. I can't sleep when it's hot." Their response: 'Oh.' Thankfully it happened now rather than one of the days where it's like 70 degrees and humid at night. They put in the work ticket and it should hopefully be fixed in the next week or so, preferably sooner.

Also, asked about renewing my lease since I haven't heard anything on my transfers yet. They asked me about whether or not I knew about their online renewal process to which I said, no. We chatted for a bit about it, they gave me my registration code so I could register and I'm probably going to sit down and renew my lease sometime within the next few days, if not this weekend.

Other than that, nothing really remarkable happened today.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about thr unlikely tranfer and your A/C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry things were going so horribly for you that day. Is there an option of looking into applying to other companies, rather than a transfer? I know it can be difficult when you don't live there, but it's possible. I remember when I was living in Oklahoma still, but looking to move here to Cali, I was in contact with a temp agency who was looking for job opportunities for me and that's why I spontaneously came out here earlier than planned. (though the job didn't pan out.) Maybe you can try something like that, while still at your current company, just to see what's out there? Just trying to suggest options, as I know how difficult it is to live somewhere you really don't want to be. :/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post of the Month

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a fitting ending.

Today's weather forecast was....cold. The weather outside was cold. I wish I could have avoided going out into it completely; but, I hav...