Monday, January 29, 2018

More Snow? Jack Frost must hate me.

You know what I wasn't expecting this morning when I went into work - snow! You know what began to slowly flurry down on the drive into work - snow!

I guess that's what I get when I don't fully examine the weather forecast before letting Minnie out to the restroom and then hitting the road (my usual routine). Luckily, despite there being a promise of 4-5 inches today, I think the actual accumulation was far fewer, which is a relief. I was just beginning to get my hopes up for summer and wouldn't you know it? The temperature drops back below freezing and it snows! I know, I know. I should expect snow, it's winter and I'm in the northeast, right next to several of the great lakes. It should be a given that I should expect at least a little snow.

Anyway! On to more annoying news. I found out today, after having driven to one location with the intention of driving a fellow coworker over to another location and eventually coming back around 8ish this morning to do our annual leave bid, that the so called individual who would be performing the bid for our annual leaves was sick again. I don't mean to sound like a horrible or insensitive individual; but, we're literally the only ones left at work who haven't bid for annual leave and the guy leaves at the end of this week for his own transfer out to another location. The question my coworker posed and a valid one at that - 'why don't they just have another person or steward perform the bid for us?'

To which, I replied with a shrug, 'I don't know.'

It's entirely frustrating because I was hoping to be there when the bid was conducted so I could begin to plan my summer vacation. I'm debating visiting my cousin in San Diego and going to a concert and visiting with friends in North Carolina, both of which are entirely fun sounding adventures; but, neither of which can be done until I know what weeks I have. The concert takes place the 4-6th of May and if I can't get that week off for annual leave, there's no point in buying tickets for it. I'm hoping that the new bid sheet I sent in was filled out correctly and that I'll be getting a call tomorrow morning at around 8-10ish that will ask to confirm my bid selections and I'll know whether or not I got either one of them.

I've also been discussing working on a fantasy role play with some old role playing buddies. I'm hoping to persuade one of them to co-admin since she's familiar with the game and has a pretty good grasp on how to run things in exchange for me running the day to day and handling the things she can't or doesn't want to. I've managed to convince the other friend to be on board for participation; but, there's been nothing set in stone yet and we haven't even fully decided on an actual role playing concept yet.

Stay tuned for more information on that -

In other news,

The Last Skycity should be back on track for writing these next few days as long as I remain committed and steadfast in my goal for an early spring completion and then editing, publishing, blah, blah, blah can all follow after friends' critiques.


2 comments:

  1. Nice, I'm glad to hear that the novel is going well and hopefully will be on track for that goal in the spring! And yes, you DO live in an area that you shouldn't be surprised by snow. Haha. Give it to meeee! I wish I lived in that kind of area, but you already know this, so I'll shut up about it, because I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now. :)

    Hey, random question not really related to your post at all... I'm just curious, what do you do with Minnie while you're at work? I'm asking because I'm going to probably have to update my job with a new one pretty soon, where I will most likely not be working from home, so I won't be able to be here with my dogs all day anymore, and I was just wondering how you manage that with your pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have it all! Every. Single. Inch. I don't want it. It makes it hard to keep your vehicle both clean and free of rust. Then you get a break in snow; but, you can't wash the salt from the roads off because of the temperature. So, anyway I'm ready for spring and warmer weather. I just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

    Not so random a question and it's perfectly understandable. I wondered the same thing when I first moved up here and got my 10-hour shifts. I worried about leaving Minnie at home during the day; but, I know from prior experience with my family's dogs growing up that while it may not be healthy, dogs can usually go at most 10 hours or so without having to go to the bathroom and when you have no choice, I'd pick cleaning up after Minnie over putting her in a cage all day every time. I had a neighbor who I gave a spare key and he would let her out and spend time with her during the day when he was off or beat me home; but, he's moved out and I don't trust any of my new neighbors enough to do it with one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post of the Month

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure is a fitting ending.

Today's weather forecast was....cold. The weather outside was cold. I wish I could have avoided going out into it completely; but, I hav...